What is the purpose of this notice?
To describe how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What we need
Ibrahim Tours will be what’s known as the “Controller” of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information about you (known as Special Category Data). This does however include name, address, e-mail, telephone/mobile numbers, passport details, marriage and birth certificates, and household bills.
Why we need its
We need to know your basic personal data in order to reserve and issue airline tickets and process your visa under the rules and regulations of Ministry of Hajj and other embassies. Keep you up to date with our products and services. Announce special occasions, greetings and offers and discounts.
What we do with it
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary:
- to enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- to comply with a legal duty of attaining visa by sharing your data with embassies.
- to reserve and issue tickets by sharing your details to the airline.
- we will use your data to contact you with offers of our product and services by post, email, sms, or any type of social media.
In any event, we’ll only use your information for the purpose or purposes it was collected for (or for closely related purposes). We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- to use your data (pictures and videos ) to create promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights at all times. When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we will make sure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us by email (email@example.com). Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Where we keep it
We are based in London and your data are stored in our offices, in secured password protected hard drives, as well as secured safe.
How long we keep it
We will only use and store information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long information will be stored depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing e-mails, we will stop storing your e-mails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be e-mailed). We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information. We will not retain your data for any longer than necessary usually after 4 weeks after a tour and the longest time that we will hold your data will be one year unless UK legislation informs us otherwise.
What we would also like to do with it
We would, however, like to use your name and e-mail address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, e-mail or on our website. Please indicate below if this is something you would like to sign up to.
What are your rights?
We want to ensure that you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as a data subject access request)
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason)
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically based on your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Mr. A M Chowdhury (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
I acknowledge this privacy notice as well as receipt of the data protection policy and I confirm that I have read and understood it. I allow Ibrahim Tours to use my personal data and I understand that I am responsible for complying with the terms of this policy.